Traveling to Boracay in the New Normal: A Guide (As of March 15, 2022)
Time to start preparing for your much-awaited vacation to the fabulous island of Boracay! For a safe and hassle-free trip, follow these simple guidelines:
1. Make a hotel reservation.
2. Book your plane tickets or prepare your travel details.
3. Get tested.
4. Submit all the requirements.
Checking-in at Astoria Boracay
Settling in at your home away from home is easy!
1. Upon arrival at Astoria Boracay, you will be endorsed to the security personnel for temperature check, shoe sanitation, and hand sanitation. Only guests with a temperature of 37.5°C and below will be allowed entry.
2. Your luggage, particularly the main handles, telescopic handles, and zippers, will be sanitized by our driver using a diluted chlorine solution and a clean rag.
3. You will then be assisted by our bellman to the reception area for check-in.
4. Afterwards, our front office guest service associate will escort you to the White Café for your welcome drinks and resort briefing. Your QR code from the Provincial Tourism of Aklan will be scanned. Here, you will also receive your guest packet which contains our fast facts, Boracay do’s and don’ts, emergency hotline numbers, WiFi login details, and your sanitized key card.
5. Our front office guest service associate will then assist you to your room. Your luggage will also be taken up by our bellman.
Final Reminders: Travel and Check-in Requirements
To ensure a worry-free holiday, please secure the following requirements and information:
1. Maintenance fee (for members of Astoria Vacation and Leisure Club, Inc. or AVLCI and Stellar Vacation Club)
2. Reservation fee (for members of Astoria Vacation and Leisure Club, Inc. or AVLCI)
3. Complete details of guests
4. Flight details and time of arrival
5. Airport transfer details (if applicable)
6. Valid IDs
7. Pre-registration at www.aklan.gov.ph
8. Accomplished hotel registration card (only 1 copy is needed per group, but the names of all guests must be indicated)
9. For unvaccinated individuals, an RT-PCR negative result certificate based on a saliva, nasopharyngeal, or oropharyngeal test taken within 72 hours from the date of extraction to the date of travel
10. For vaccinated individuals and Aklanon tourists residing in Aklan, a VaxCertPH COVID-19 vaccination certificate with full vaccination status, locally-issued vaccination card/ID, World Health Organization certificate of vaccination and prophylaxis, or vaccination card/ID issued abroad
11. Health declaration card with tourist QR code
List of requirements to be presented at the airport:
1. Valid IDs
2. Printed or digital copy of your tourist QR code which you can use to access services at the airport and in Boracay Island
3. A copy of your booking confirmation
4. Face mask
Safe and Sound at Astoria Boracay
1. Our Fearless Frontliners sanitize each area of the resort, including our pool and gym. We make use of medical-grade solutions and state-of-the-art disinfecting equipment, such as UV light machines and steam vacuums, to kill viruses and bacteria. Even our vans are kept spick and span!
2. All high-contact points, such as doorknobs and elevator buttons, are cleaned regularly.
3. All employees are subjected to regular antigen tests, and are required to wear face masks and hand gloves. Guests are also asked to wear face masks for extra protection.
4. Safety signages and markers are placed in common areas of the resorts.
5. Temperature checks are carried out by our Security personnel prior to entry of all employees and guests. Everyone is also asked to sanitize the soles of their shoes using our disinfecting foot mats.
6. Our staff strictly follow and implement strict social distancing protocols.
7. We have placed ethyl alcohol bottles and dispensers in the most crowded areas of the resort.
8. Seats in our restaurants, cafes, and bars are placed one meter apart. Furthermore, tables and chairs are sanitized after each use.
9. Guests are given a temporary face mask holder to put their masks in before enjoying our gourmet offerings.
10. Digital menus have also been prepared to minimize contact.
11. All Astoria vans are equipped with a first-aid kit, a protective plastic barrier between the driver seat and passenger cabin, a spray bottle of 70% alcohol solution, an extra set of PPEs (face masks and disposable gloves) for guests, a trash bin dedicated for disposal of used PPEs, paper tissues, a spray bottle with diluted chlorine solution, and a sanitation rag.
12. To ensure proper distancing, only 3 guests can be accommodated in the fitness center and only 20 guests are allowed to use the swimming pool at the same time.